Friday, October 10, 2008

Adoption Application


After posting last night I got to thinking about those kitties that I didn't get. They always kept me wondering what the mystery was as to why the person suddenly changed their mind about letting me adopt them. So I decided to Google "Lost Bengal Cats Ontario". I didn't get any hits that hinted that any of the missing cats online could be these two but I did find a very interesting article: 52 Cats Rescued Talk about raining cats... Raining bengals no less!
I made a few phone calls this morning and filled out the online bengal adoption application in the hopes that one or possibly two of these 52 could come live with us. Now I'm told I have to wait to see if once my application is screened I hopefully get a personal interview to see if I qualify as a kitty mom. One of the main reasons why all the interest in the bengal breed is because next to a hairless cat (Ewww) they are the least allergic cat around. Bengals are described as having a very short tight pelt-like coat. I know Rivergirl is thinking that if you are not allergic to these kitties why not take all 52! (Insert wink here)

Keeping my fingers crossed......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you feel up to taking in a kitty or two despite your allergies. You might not want to tell the agency that your are allergic, they might use that against you.

You'll be a great kitty-mom!

Cdn Cat said...

Too late. I already put the cat allergy on my application. I know I'm taking a chance but I figure if I get an interview and let them know I've done my research on bengals (most people don't react to them severely) and that I have owned cats in the past and built up a resistance to them over time. I also figure that they may welcome anyone wanting to specifically adopt these cats since most people think they are wild & crazy like the siamese breed which is all in the way you raise your cat. All of my siamese have been sweet tempered that I had in the past. I'll keep you posted.