Monday, March 3, 2008

Cats Prefer Rain Over Snow Any Day

At least this one does at the moment. Today was really mild, causing a major meltdown everywhere I was trying to walk. Could this mean that spring is on its way? I mean after all it's been 4 weeks already since those 6 robins descended into my magnolia tree. I can't remember seeing that many robins all together at the same time so early in the year. Maybe Wiarton Willie really does know his stuff. After all he promised an early spring. Willie is the Canadian version of Punxsutawney Phil the groundhog for those of you south of the 49th.
At this time of the year the rain helps to wash away some of the winter grey that seems to have dusted everything outside including my car.
I can hardly wait for the spring flowers to start poking through the ground, even if they still may have to fight to get through the crusty leftover snow.

No comments: